1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Monday, July 19, 2010

[3.25/10] Death at a Funeral (2010)


Death at a Funeral (2010)

Short review: I haven't seen the original "Death at a Funeral", but this 2010 remake was so terribly dumb, pointless and boring, it was a torture to watch! It's an example of film-making at its worst - ridiculous acting, silly story, poor script and painfully unfunny jokes. Chris Rock, supposed to be the lead I guess, is not an actor of any discernible talent. He's one of the most overrated comedians, in my opinion. Martin Lawrence was even worse - he was more annoying than funny, and I was hoping the death at this funeral will be... his death. Unfortunately, it wasn't. Zoe Saldana, Danny Glover, Tracey Morgan, Peter Dinklage and Luke Wilson delivered and okay performances though, and they saved "Death at a Funeral" from being totally unwatchable. Since the whole movie was set in one house, the uniform environment quickly became boring and uninteresting, and I found myself begging them to go outside - they needed some fresh air, and so did I. All in all, "Death at a Funeral" is completely unnecessary remake with no story, that is neither entertaining, nor funny, and it deserves to go straight-to-DVD.

  • My Rating: 3.25/10
  • Rotten Tomatoes: 38% (4.8/10)
  • IMDb: 4.8/10

No comments: