1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Monday, January 23, 2012

[8.75/10] Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)


Mission: Impossible -
Ghost Protocol (2011)


Brief review: Say hello to the forth, and arguably the best, installment into the "Mission: Impossible" franchise, helmed by the Oscar-winning animation director, Brad Bird, who manages deliver one of the most genuinely entertaining action movies of the past few years, thanks to a witty script, fast-paced plot, startling action and interesting dynamics between the characters. "M:I - Ghost Protocol" is Bird's first full-length live-action film in his career, and he really displays some amazing talent here. His clever direction certainly has the 'WOW' factor, featuring lots of creative camera angles, vigorous, almost impossible camera movements and a level of diversity that will leave you stunned. The stupendous action set-pieces and the incredible stunts are just some of the many highlights of this brilliantly-executed action blockbuster. Set in Moscow, Dubai and Mumbai, "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" is a true breath of fresh air in terms of settings and visuals in general, and also a true feast for the eyes. The cast is top-notch and the characters are colorful. Tom Cruise is in top form here, and he yet again delivers a believable action star. Paula Patton is fantastic as the tough, yet alluring agent Jane, Jeremy Renner is solid as the new member of the team, William, the hilarious Simon Pegg delivers tons of good laughs, and "Millennium"'s own, Michael Nyqvist, turns in a great villain here.

Overall summary: Featuring cleverly inventive direction, great cast, amusing dialogues, stunningly gorgeous locations and spectacular action sequences, "M:I - Ghost Protocol" is better, funnier, more exciting and entertaining than its three predecessors put together.

32 comments:

InfinitePlans said...

Really excited for this one!

farawayeyes said...

That cinches it. The decision for tonight was Ghost Protocol or Red Tails. Since Red Tails just opened and will be widely popular down here in the Caribbean, I'm sure it will be sticking around for another week or two. Ghost Protocol it IS.

Thanks.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

One of my favorite movies of 2011! And Simon Pegg gave it the perfect balance of humor.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a post on must-watch movies of all time, because I have watched all of about 2.5 movies. My friends keep making fun of me for this.

Craig Edwards said...

Totally agree with you on this one! In fact, we both posted our reviews pretty close together! Cheers!

farawayeyes said...

Saw it,loved it, as usual you were right on.

Unknown said...

Terrific review. I haven't had the opportunity, but I definitely have this on my list. I love Simon Pegg, Paula Patton and Jeremy Renner.

My dad loved the original series and I grew up watching it in syndication.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

InfinitePlans, you should be. It's incredible!:)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

farawayeyes, glad to know I helped you decide which movie you want to see in the theater. You've made the right choice. ;)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Alex, it's one of my favorites as well. Pegg delivered as usual. :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Nellie, unfortunately I don't, but you can check out my '9 stars' and '10 stars' labels, so you can see all my top-rated movies. :) If those are not enough, visit my former Rotten Tomatoes journal /the button is one the top right of my blog/, then click ratings, arrange by rating, and there are hundreds of must-see movies there. :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Craig, we did? :) Nice! I'm gonna check out yours right away.
The film was fantastic, wasn't it? :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

farawayeyes, glad you enjoyed it that much! :) Otherwise, I would have felt guilty for "making" you see this movie. LOL. :) Thank you!

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Mel, thanks hon. The previous three were great, but this one tops them all. It so much fun, you wouldn't believe it. :)

FilmMattic said...

Great review! Many reviewers are claiming this may be the best installment, as you alluded to at the top of your review. That means I need to see this RIGHT NOW. *Hopping on my Potter broom to Cineplex*

Thanks :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Thanks, Matty. It really is better than its predecessors, and I'm pretty sure you will agree with all these positive reviews after you see it. ;)

Anonymous said...

Still haven't seen this one. I will this weekend. I'll drop the kids off in another movie though.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Stephen, you need to watch it. It's impressively made and so much fun. Go watch it as soon as you can. :)

✗✗ said...

REALLY?! I will have to make a point to see this then. I almost saw it since Pegg was in it among other things. I think I may be too late to see it in theaters now so I regret not seeing it initially- it sounds pretty awesome. : )

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Nicole, yes, REALLY. It's that awesome! :) Definitely one of the best action movies I've seen in a long time. See it on the big screen if it's not too late.

Tom Cruise Jackets said...

mission-impossible-ghost-protocol movie contains nice screen shots

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

TCJ, whatever.. :)

tron sam flynn said...

There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Tron, thank you so much.

panther timeless jacket said...

Wow! This can be one particular of the most beneficial blogs We've ever arrive across on this subject. Actually Magnificent.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

PTJ, thank you so much. Glad to hear that.

iron man tony stark jacket said...

I'm quite new to wordpress. but what you do in this web is really good and very informative. I think it will help me in the future. Thanks for the great work

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

IMTSJ, it's actually Blogger, not Wordpress, but thanks anyway. :) I'll be glad to see you here more often. ;)

leather jacket cake said...

I really like going through webs like this. Very informative and an interesting features but one thing i want to say that you are the best maker of web in world

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

"The best maker of web in world"? Not even close!

clothing from supernatural said...

I've recently added this web site to my bookmarks. I really enjoy reading your posts. Thank you Very inspiring post i would like to see more web like this where can i find?

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Thank you so much. Comments like this one make me extremely happy and confident in my work.
Blogger is full of great Movie Review sites. Search through my blog roll on the bottom left.