1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thursday, March 11, 2021

[5.25/10] Coming 2 America (2021)

Coming 2 America (2021)

Quick Review: It's very nice to see Eddie Murphy back to his comedic roots -- he does his best with the given material and looks fresh as a daisy here, but sadly, this 30-years-later sequel, though respecting the classic original, feels too gimmicky, contrived, and uninspired to create sense of nostalgia or to deserve its existence in general, as apart from its visual grandeur, striking costume design and imposing African sets, it provides little to now fun, flat humor, and no big laughs at all.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'll admit, I really didn't find the first one that funny.

FilmMattic said...

I'll be honest. I kinda wanted to see this for the nostalgia factor. But your review is telling me otherwise. I'll probably take your advice and watch something else instead. Haha...Thanks!

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Didn't evoke any feeling of nostalgia in me. lol.... If I were you, I'd rewatch the original instead.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Alex, me neither, but it was kind of fun at that time. This sequel has no real reason to exist.