1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Monday, March 8, 2021

[8.75/10] Raya and the Last Dragon (2021)

Raya and the Last Dragon (2021)

Quick Review: Disney takes visual creativity to a new level with "Raya", a SE Asian-flavored fantasy, whose dazzling imagery creates a world of wonder that inventively matches its vibrant, daring, and thoughtful story with adventurous spirit, pure heart, and a thing for food, which balances out an emotional moral message of trust and unity with spectacular set pieces, thrilling action, and a bunch of fun, colorful characters, elevated by a brilliant voice work.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Something about it didn't wow me so we didn't venture out to see it. Maybe we will this Friday instead.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Trust me, it has the wow factor for sure. The visuals were mind-blowing and the story - very inspired. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Oh, and it has lots of martial arts fighting in it, which is right up my alley. :)