1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

[7.00/10] Forgotten (2017)

Forgotten (2017)

Quick Review: Though verging on confusing at times, this solid Korean mystery thriller has quite a few tricks up its sleeve, which it utilizes in such a twisty fashion, the unpredictable curveballs it throws at you will leave you literally speechless. Starting off rather unimpressively, but further on transforming its 'vanished person' story into a multi-layered plot filled with turns and shocks, "Forgotten" may lack slightly in execution, but concept-wise it's pretty genius, plus, the acting is reasonable.

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'll have to catch this one then.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Yep, it's good.

irish said...

SPOILERS;




just watched this on netflix. I don't think a movie has ever had me so confused about it's qualities;
intriguing at first. obviously something was going on, but what.
The worker's questioning concerning the brothers was brilliantly referred to later on.
the first let down was the wrong leg limp. Then there was the taxi mistake. The second one wasn't needed. as the pen nib was enough. Then there were the cliches of the phone going off, or somebody being called, or told to look somewhere place, so our nominal hero won't be discovered. There was also the mother talking on the phone, and saying more than she needed to.
QUESTION; Why didn't the mobther lock the window?
But then there came the big reveal. which had me stunned.
later, another big reveal made me question how realistic it was. But I went with it.
After that the movie had me changing my mind at almost every turn.
My imdb rating veered between 10/9/8/7/6.
i settled on 8.
Don't ask me.why

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

I see your point, however, you can't deny the film's sheer originality.

jaya said...

Just watched the movie. You are right about the curve balls and the surprise elements.
Yet, I found it very trying, with over acting from most of the actors, and the credibility factor of the theme in general.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

jaya, I don;t think that one was trying to be credible. :)