1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Monday, February 22, 2021

[7.75/10] I Care a Lot (2021)

I Care a Lot (2021)

Quick Review: A wild, wicked, and wonderfully witty social commentary on conservatorship, charged with a heavy dose of feminism, this brainy satirical thriller is every bit as darkly humorous and shamelessly cheeky as it's disturbingly vile and daringly eye-opening, and although it loses credibility in third act, "I Care a Lot" is a consistently engrossing caper, powered by Pike's captivating turn as the cunning and ambitious Marla, whose greedy, nasty persona you'll equally hate and admire.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Not sure it's quite my kind of movie.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Alex, even if it's not, it's so entertaining, I'm sure you'll enjoy it for what it is. Pike killed it in it!