1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sunday, July 7, 2019

[7.50/10] Spider-Man: Far From Home [3D] (2019)

Spider-Man: Far From Home [3D] (2019)

Quick Review: Giving the needed comic relief after "Endgame" with its breezy style, but also by playing it safe, and set in various EU cities for a change, the romcom-ish "FFH" is actionized by well-staged set pieces with cool disaster and creature CGIs and elevated by fun 'illusive' visual tricks, notably in its flashy third act, which despite the obvious plot twist, still delivers thanks to the dynamics between the gawky Spidey and the cunning villain, Mysterio.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I really enjoyed it. (My review tomorrow.) Tom Holland has really made the role his own.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

I liked Homecoming better, and I liked Holland in Homecoming better, too. Here he was a bit, I dunno... mechanical?