1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sunday, January 18, 2015

[5.25/10] Birdman (2014)

Birdman (2014)

Quick Review: Iñárritu's single-cut filming technique is so immaculate, it doesn't need any editing at all, and all three performances from Stone, Norton and Keaton are brilliant, with the latter truly deserving at least an "Oscar" nomination, but "Birdman"'s egocentric pretentiousness is so off- putting, and the satire in it so dry, it makes the whole experience rather tedious, despite the movie's bizarre originality. Honestly, It's one of those 'special' films you pretend to enjoy, but deep down you don't.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Then I won't pretend to watch it either.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Alex, if I were you, I wouldn't bother. So overrated!
Worst of all, it could win Best Picture at this year's Oscars. Oh, my...

Jordan said...

Couldn't agree with you more! "Pretentious" is exactly how I described it in my review.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

I'm glad to hear we agree on Birdman being pretentious, Jordan, which it certainly was. :)