1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

[7.00/10] The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part [3D] (2019)

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part [3D] (2019)

Quick Review: Nearly as manically rythmic as the first, and every bit as visually imaginative, and then some, "LEGO 2" takes an unforeseeable, slightly grimmer, but more heartfelt turn, without compromising on the fun bits, to deliver a more-than-solid sequel full of cathy new songs, cool characters, and tons of awesomely represented movie references, from DC, Marvel, and  "Jurassic World" to "Fury Road", "Back to the Future", "Twilight" and "Stargate".

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I know I'm the odd one out, but the first movie just didn't do it for me. I think part of it has to do with the fact those are not my Legos.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Alex, it wasn't my favorite animated movie either, but I like it for its energy and originality.