1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

[6.50/10] Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Quick Review: A slight step above "The Last Jedi", but weaker than "Rogue One", this second Star Wars prequel features a lot of superbly-executed set pieces and difficult-to-fault special effects that make it a visual spectacle, but sadly there is almost nothing refreshing about its flawed and recycled story-line that struggles to maintain its consistency throught the exhausting over 2-hour long running time, hence, it's only occasionally entertaining.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I enjoyed it more than that. It just suffered from a lack of tension. We knew the three main characters wouldn't die.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Not a huge Star Wars fan myself, so I kept my expectations low. And I liked it for what it was, but... It's far from memorable.