1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Saturday, August 11, 2018

[5.75/10] The Meg [3D] (2018)

The Meg [3D] (2018)

Quick Review: Ranging between too serious, absurdly over-the-top, horribly contrived, and eye-rollingly silly, this one can't make up its mind whether it wants to be a big-budget creature feature with some scientific answers, or a shark flick that is all about Statham and the action, with the result being a visually slick hit-n -miss effort with cool effects, superb underwater shots, some taut attacks and a fearful Meg, but sadly, despite the very fun third act, this toothless film mostly lacks big bite.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I liked it more than that. It went for genuine, with elements of silly, and I thought it was very effective. I'd give it at least a 7.5.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

That's a pretty high rating. It felt short for me, and I'm a huge shark flicks fan.