1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Saturday, January 7, 2012

[5.75/10] The Devil's Rock (2011)

The Devil's Rock (2011)

QuickRating: Set during the WWII on a remote island, and in a very creepy bunker occupied by а vile-tempered Nazi soldiers, this low-budget horror film from New Zealand deals with demons and occultism in a very interesting and refreshing way. And while it doesn't shine with great imagination, much originality, or impressive special effects, "The Devil's Rock" is an effective, gory and devilishly fun hidden gem of a horror movie.



6 comments:

✗✗ said...

I haven't heard of this one but I will have to Netflix it. I'm usually a sucker for anything described as gory when it comes to horror films.

Maynard Morrissey said...

Never heard of that one. Nazi-horror? New Zealand? I'm in :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Nicole, that's why I called it a hidden gem. :) Yep, there are tons of guts and gore, but don't expect "Hostel" or anything like that. :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Harry, if not else, it's definitely a breath of fresh air. Check it out if you find it somewhere.

Unknown said...

Nazi-horror? I'm in. I haven't heard of this, but I'll Netflix it for sure.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Nel, if you enjoy watching horror movies involving Nazis, then check out Dead Snow. It's loads of fun. :)