1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

[6.75/10] Eternals (2021)

Eternals (2021)

Quick Review: Tossing all at once - an elaborate, yet slow and uneven plot, a bunch of all-new characters with little depth, and busy, if always swanky action, "Eternals" is a lot to take in, little of which is thrilling, but it stands out with an untypically dim tone, racial and sexual diversity and all the serious topics it touches, as well as with Zhao's flair and skill to visualize grand cosmic imagery and flashy superpowers with the help of first-class CGIs, even if her direction feels kinda passion-less.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I intend to watch it this weekend. It wasn't enough to prompt me to the theater last year but I am curious. And don't want to fall out of the Marvel movie loop.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

I wanted to see it on the big screen, but I couldn't make it. I don't regret it, though. It was all over the place, but still beautiful to look at.