1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

[11/10] The Matrix (1999) – [22nd Anniversary Re-Review]

The Matrix (1999)

Quick Review: A deftly-conceived, thought-provoking mind-bender with a level of depth as ingenious as its groundbreaking 360° 'camera spin' shooting techniques, innovative use of slow-mo and 'bullet time' effects, expertly-staged kung fu action, and exceptional stunt work, "The Matrix" is revolutionary for the sci-fi genre, and one of the most conceptually and technically accomplished films in cinematic history, led by a trio of adept actors, born to play their out-of-this-world characters.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Have you seen the new one? Watched it last night and I'm curious what you thought of it.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

I have. :) I just finished my review of it, which I'll post later on today. Well, I'm conflicted...didn't hate it, but it was the weakest of all four, and didn't really feel like a proper Matrix movie.