1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Monday, September 9, 2019

[6.75/10] Late Night (2019)

Late Night (2019)

Quick Review: Elevated by Emma Thompson dominating performance and accompanied by Mindy Kaling's delightfully contrasting turn as the sweet and candid Molly, "Late Night" is a clever, witty and moving comedy with as much heart as laughs that not only reveals the off-air process of a creating a talks show, but also works on a dramatic and emotional level, concerning such subjects as slut-shaming and workplace sexism, yet conveying passion, dedication, remorse, and sympathy.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Not my style of film but I've always liked Emma Thompson.

SpacerGuy said...

This film didn’t get the attention it deserved. It wasn’t the typical comedy that I thought it was going to be.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

She did great in this one. I enjoyed the film quite a lot.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Spacer Guy, I agree. It was very witty and surprisingly poignant.