1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

[7.00/10] Overlord (2018)

Overlord (2018)

Quick Review: A very atmopsheric, surprisingly unpredictable, and quite visually gritty, yet slickly-crafted Nazi war drama with creepy zombie twist, "Overlord" infuses those two genres successfully enough to deliver one helluva fun ride full of thrills, turns, shoot-em-up action, and overload of gore splatter, and although it falls a bit short on pure frights, this utterly entertaining blood-fest manages to work well on dramatic level instead, mainly thanks to the strong turns by the well-interacting cast.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you finally got to see this. I really enjoyed it as well. And interesting match up that works on all levels.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

It hasn't een released theatrically in my country, so I had to wait for it to leak online. It was worth the wait. I enjoyed it a lot.

Kaijinu said...

I saw this months after its theatrical release and, I gotta say, I feel stupid missing out on it then! This instantly became one of my fave "Nazi Zombie" movies, next to the Dead Snow franchise and Frankenstein's Army!

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Me too. I enjoyed it a lot, though.