1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thursday, June 19, 2014

[5.25/10] Maleficent [3D] (2014)

Maleficent [3D] (2014)

Quick Review: Swallowed by the murky beauty of its truly enchanting visuals and uber-imaginative special effects, and largely overpowered by Angelina Jolie's captivating, if sadly sometimes contrived performance, that basically saves the entire film, "Maleficent" is a clumsily-edited and poorly-paced Disney feature, that would hardly stand the test of time, because of its half-baked story, that promises to be darkly engaging, but ends up being surprisingly sugary and santimental instead.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

So many have raved about it, but I suspect once I see it, I'll feel the way you do about the film.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Alex, to be completely honest, I was disappointed with it. Sure, it's pretty to look at, but the direction left a lot to be desired, and Maleficent herself was a bit too kind-hearted... so very Disney!

Unknown said...

I really loved this movie. It is one of my favorites so far. Which surprised me, but there you go.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Mel, I was eager to see it, but in the end, it left a bad taste in my mouth. It wasn't dark enough atmosphere wise, and the direction was all over the place.