1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sunday, May 22, 2016

[6.50/10] Southbound (2016)

Southbound (2016)

Quick Review: A blend of several different stories connected in some sort of random, yet cool and original way, and with each next being more twisted than the last, "Southbound" ends up being one of the very best horror anthologies ever created, as it not only offers satisfactory amount of creepy imagery, buckets of gore, and decent amount of scares, but it also demonstrates that when done with a thought, a horror flick can be effective and tasteful, even when it's crafted with less money.

4 comments:

Kaijinu said...

Sadly, I cannot really agree with this being a good anthology. I only saw two fair segments (the hit-and-operate segment and the home invasion one, but the entire thing made very little sense to me that it's just frustrating, confusing and tiresome for my end.

(I guess Halloween H20 and The Mist now have a "movies everybody loves that I don't" buddy!)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Well, it was far from perfect, but compared to some recent horror anthologies such as the mediocre "ABCs of Death" and "V/H/S", "Southbound" was pretty darn good.

Kaijinu said...

*insert tire screeching* hey! I happen to like V/H/S!...the second one, that is!

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

You did? I thought it was mediocre at best. :)