1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thursday, December 22, 2011

CineMarvellous Preview: Impressive First Trailer for Ridley Scott's "Prometheus"

(Click to enlarge)

Impressive First Trailer for
Ridley Scott's Prometheus


It's finally here! Almost ten days after the poster release, a teaser trailer for Ridley Scott's upcoming "Alien" prequel, "Prometheus", was released a couple of hours ago, and even though it doesn't show a lot, so far everything about this ambitious project looks beyond promising. The cast is stellar, the visuals are out-of-this-world stylish, and the whole story sounds very intriguing. Check out the teaser trailer below, and enjoy this short, yet fantastic space journey.

The cast includes Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Patrick Wilson and Guy Pearce, and that's the official plot synopsis:

"Visionary filmmaker Ridley Scott returns to the genre he helped define, creating an original science fiction epic set in the most dangerous corners of the universe. The film takes a team of scientists and explorers on a thrilling journey that will test their physical and mental limits and strand them on a distant world, where they will discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life's ultimate mystery."

"Prometheus" is scheduled for a release date on June 8, 2012

17 comments:

Maynard Morrissey said...

Trailer of the year. I'm actually more excited for this, than for Dark Knight Rises

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Maynard, absolutely! Same thing here.. I'm ot as excited as DKR as I'm for Prometheus, because I'm HUGE Alien/s fan.

Maynard Morrissey said...

Fuck, I also have to rewatch all 4 Alien-movies next year. Bought the 5DVD Boxset 2-3 months ago but haven't watched it yet

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Harry, you got a busy year ahead of you... :)

Maynard Morrissey said...

totally! :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Saw it this afternoon - looks wicked cool! And action, like Aliens. (Which is one of my most favorite movies in the world.) This rates high on my list for next year, although not nearly as high as The Hobbit. Still a whole year to go. Bummer.

Unknown said...

I am dying, DYING for this movie. It has the look and feel of the first two Alien films, both of which are on my all time ultimate list. "In space, no one can hear you scream." Got that line gave me the chills once upon a time. I am clapping my hands gleefully as I watch this for the 8ooth time . LOL

2012 is going to rock for movies. I will most assuredly go broke with Dark Knight Rises, Avengers, Prometheus, The Hobbit and my list goes on...LOL

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Alex, the hype over "Hobbit" makes me nervous. I know that Jackson will pull it off, but to be completely honest, the trailer just didn't impress me that much.

Prometheus looks great, and I can't wait a minute to see it.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Mel, tell me about it. 2012 will rock. Can't say the same about 2011 though - it was a pretty weak year for movies overall.

Love Alien and Aliens almost as equally, though the latter remains the best of them all in my book.
I'm over the moon about Prometheus. It looks absolutely fantastic.. so far.

M. Hufstader said...

Goddamn, I can't wait for this one. Between the director, the cast, and the trailer...I'm there.

FilmMattic said...

Sadly, Ridly Scott is such a criminally underrated director. The guy is an auteur, no if, ands, or buts about it.

Terrific trailer. I'm just oozing with curiosity. And I'm a big fan of the screenwriter, Damon Lindelof. This has all the proper makings of an awesome cinematic experience.

Great post, buddy :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

M. Hufstader, me either. It will be huge, no doubt about that.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Matty, he sadly is. I can't say that all of his movies are amazing, but most of them are, and I'm sure that Prometheus will be one of his strongest. I don't know who's the casting director for Prometheus, but he really did a marvellous job choosing these incredible actors and actresses.

✗✗ said...

I'm not usually into alien like films however this sounds and looks rather interesting! The trailer and cast definitely peaks my interest as well. I will have to keep an eye out for it when it gets closer to time. : )

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Nicole, as I huge fan of Alien franchise I'm really looking forward to this one. It looks incredible!

Kaijinu said...

Hope it's as claustrophobic as the first! Insert Ned Flander's Fan girl squeal here!

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Kaijinu and I hope it will be as amazing as the second one :)