1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Friday, December 30, 2011

[8.25/10] Drive (2011)

Drive (2011)

QuickRating: A seamless blend of full throttle action, shocking violence and unexpected romance, "Drive" is a moody, yet tasteful, compelling, and extraordinarily stylish art-house action thriller, masterfully helmed by Refn, who combines a sharply clever script with an outstanding direction, subtle thrills, dramatic music score and deeply engaging characters, to deliver probably the biggest cinematic surprise of 2011. Plus, Ryan Gosling turns in an absolutely incredible performance.


8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You nailed it with surprise. I had no idea what to expect when I went to this film. I was really impressed with Drive!

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Alex, me either. But I was beyond impressed with what I got. Absolutely brilliant.

Unknown said...

I keep hearing such great things about this movie that I am for sure going to have to check it out. I was reluctant to because I am not a huge Gosling fan. But he continues to surprise me. Terrific review. :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Mel, everything you've heard about this film is truth. It's absolutely captivating and emotionally involving. Not a huge Gosling fan either, but I thought he did a great job in this one.

✗✗ said...

LOVED, loved loved this film!! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it as well! Drive is seriously mesmerizing and I can't wait for the DVD release.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Nicole, I remember your super-positive review of Drive, and it was one of the reasons I wanted to see it. I was pleasantly surprised, because I didn't know what to expect. It pretty much blew me away, even if there were parts I didn't enjoy.

farawayeyes said...

Hadn't heard anything about this one (what can I say, I live off the map) but I'm going to trust you and see it. Netflix of course.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

farawayeyes, really? Drive was one of the most talked about movies of 2011. Living off the map has its privileges as well. :) Thank God for NetFlix, right? :)