1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Monday, December 26, 2011

[4.00/10] ChromeSkull: Laid to Rest 2 (2011)

ChromeSkull:
Laid to Rest 2 (2011)


QuickRating: Slightly better than the cheap and ugly original, but still quite hideous in terms of execution, "Laid to Rest 2" is a gore-driven sequel that relies mostly on its nasty death scenes and in-your-face graphicness, but truth to be told, Robert Hall's direction hasn't evolved at all, the acting is still atrocious, and the mysterious killer behind the ChromeSkull mask continues to be as uninteresting as he was in the first movie.

10 comments:

Maynard Morrissey said...

I love the original. Badass retro slasher fun with loads of glorious gore and a kick-ass killer.

Unknown said...

A step up from the hideous original, I never thought I'd hear those words about this film. Robert Hall is stuck in Amateur Town and can't get anywhere else.

✗✗ said...

I actually haven't heard of this film or it's original. Kind of intrigued even though it sounds like a dud. I might watch it on a day I need white noise or something. : )

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Maynard, I hated the first one. It was so poorly-made, it felt like some student amateur made it. The killer was so dull.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Mel, yes, it's a bit better than the first one, but Hall definitely needs some directing lessons. He's a complete amateur.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Nicole, I think they both had a limited release, than quickly ended up on the DVD shelves. If you like slashers you might enjoy these two.

Kaijinu said...

aww, really? too bad, I'm a big fan of the first.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Kaijinu, then you'll love the sequel as well.

Kaijinu said...

seen the sequel...never liked it that much. It tries so hard to be different...it didn't.

I'm just glad to see Chrome again, but I do wish they end it by the third film...if there is gonna be a third.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Kaijinu, this IS the sequel, buddy. :)