1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Numerous QuickRatings PART 7: 2010 Movies - the 6.50's

Fair Game (2010)

QuickRating: Although it suffers from Doug Liman's unfocused direction and an inappropriate jerky camera work, and it's often hard to follow, at the end of the day "Fair Game" is an unpredictable, finely-crafted, intriguing and incredibly gripping political thriller, acted marvellously by its top-notch cast.

My Rating: 6.50/10





I Am Love (2010)

QuickRating: Set in different stunning locations, "I Am Love" is a beautifully-shot and solidly-acted drama about doomed lovers, that dazzles with its exquisite settings, stylish direction and rich, deeply saturated color scheme, but it never fully delivers, because of its sluggishness and tedious narration.

My Rating: 6.50/10




Of Gods and Man (2010)

QuickRating: Subtle, honest, gorgeously photographed and smartly-written, if quite monotonous and often boring to watch, "Of Gods and Men" fails to deliver any emotional impact at all, despite its deep, thought-provoking premise, Beauvois' skillful direction, and the great performances by the actors involved.

My Rating: 6.50/10

10 comments:

✗✗ said...

I have wondered about I Am Love. I will definitely have to check this one out. I think it's on Netflix so that's perfect!

Of course I'm not mad at you! I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I know I will get a lot of negative activity on my appreciation towards Marilyn Manson. He is so widely misunderstood or just plain out unforgiving to some but I don't care. : )

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think Fair Game is in my NetFlix queue...

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Nicole, the thing I loved the most in "I Am Love" was Tilda Swinton! She was absolutely incredible!

Thank God, you're not mad at me :) I don't hate Marilyn, but I admit he scares me a bit :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Alex, let me know what you think after you watch it.;)

Lesya said...

I don't mind seeing Fair Game and I Am Love, but I don't think I'll get to the DVDs soon.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Lesya, what about downloading those from the internet? :)

Unknown said...

I am not a Naomi Watts fan as I think she always looks confused. Sometimes it's appropriate (Eastern Promises) and often times, no (Fair Game). Sean Penn on the other hand was outstanding here as always.

I have not seen the other two, but they both look quite interesting. I do love Tilda Swinton. Thanks for sharing these, sweetheart. :)

FilmMattic said...

I've seen Fair Game and your review is quite Fair!

I'm sure, at some point, I'll peep Of Gods and Man. At least now, I know what to expect.

Nice reviews buddy!

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Mel, I partially agree about Watts, though I reckon she possesses incredible acting skills. Confusion is her signature, I guess ;) Plus, my mom LOVES her :) ..as well as Sean Penn.

Tilda is undoubtedly one of the finest actresses working today. I think she deserves more credit than she gets. You're welcome, hon :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Matty, glad you agree with me on "Fair Game" ;)

Ahh.. I was so excited to see "Of Gods and Men", but I ended up slightly disappointed. Thanks, pal! :)