1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Saturday, October 7, 2017

[7.50/10] Blade Runner 2049 [3D] (2017)

Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Quick Review: Proudly displaying one striking shot after another, this sequel is a piece of art in terms of looks, thanks to Villeneuve's vision and Deakins' lavish cinematography which combined create a dazzlingly murky atmosphere that matches the futuristic neo-noir tone of the movie. Although it's captivatingly enigmatic, quietly gripping, and superbly-acted "Blade Runner 2049"'s slow pacing, long running time, and lack of vigor, action, and memorable thrills might be challenging for some.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I liked it just a bit more. Yes, it was long, but I was mesmerized the entire time and didn't find it at all boring.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

I didn't find it boring either, but I was more captivated by the visuals than the story itself. To be honest, I expected more.