1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

[5.50/10] Blair Witch (2016)

Blair Witch (2016)

Quick Review: A lot better than the dreadful "Book of Shadows", yet far from being as effective as the cult original was seventeen years ago, this 'official' sequel mostly consists of overly shaky hand-held camera work, quick zooms, loads of cheap scares, and flat characters running and screaming like insane through the dark woods, or in other words -- 'more of the same', however, in the final act, "Blair Witch" delivers some solid chills by giving us glimpses at the ghastly-looking witch.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I wondered if it was as good as early reviews stated. Will watch on NetFlix when I think I'm ready for shaky cam.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Alex, I've been wondering the same thing, and I must say I really had high hopes for this one. Unfortunately, it ended up being very run-of-the-mill...