1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

[7.00/10] The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)


QuickRating: Sure, it's slightly moody and not particularly visually appealing, but thanks to its sincere script, truly excellent performances from the three young actors Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and Ezra Miller, and the interesting dynamics between their genuine characters, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" can be easily considered the best high school movie to com out from America in the past five, if not ten years. Yes, it's that good.

4 comments:

M.J. Fifield said...

I just watched this over the weekend, and I share your opinion. I thought it was a beautifully done movie, and one that I would actually own.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

M.J., I wouldn't say I'd like to own it, but it was a great movie, indeed. Glad you enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

I'd give it a solid 7.5/10. Good performances, good story, but in the end, an overrated film. I remember people talking it up as the 'most underrated movie of 2012.' Then when I watched it, I found it to be no better than many 90s and early 2000s teen-dramas. Still a good film though.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Ben, couldn't agree more with u on this one.