1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sunday, September 16, 2012

[5.75/10] Men in Black III (2012)

Men in Black III (2012)

QuickRating: With its super-slick production design, rich and vibrant cinematography, cartoonishly-cool special effects and quirkily designed aliens, "Men in Black III" is visually and technically marvellous, plus it features some truly entertaining action scenes and an unexpectedly touching final act, but Sonnenfeld's mildly successful debut effort barely impresses script-wise, and there's an obvious lack of on-screen chemistry between Will Smith and Josh Brolin as a partners.


6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I did think it was better than the second one.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Alex, it was better than its predecessor, but still far from great.

Kaijinu said...

Oddly, I find this the best in the series.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Kaijinu, not a big fan of the franchise in general.

Unknown said...

Huge MIB fan and I thought this was the perfect full circle piece. Brolin nailed TLJ and his gruff byplay with Smith for me. Still, it's not as good as the first. :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Mel, I dunno, I thought Brolin was a bit bland. I didn't like him that much in this one.

I agree. The original remains the best. :)