1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sunday, July 1, 2012

[5.50/10] Penumbra (2012)

Penumbra (2012)

QuickRating: Probably the most accurate way to best describe this otherwise well-crafted Argentinian occult horror is "Funny Games" meets "The House of the Devil", but not necessarily in a good way, as Boglianos' "Penumbra" is neither as realistically disturbing as the first, nor as shockingly terrifying as the latter. It is just a talky slow-burner that wastes to much time on building 'tension', and than throws a twisty climax that doesn't really work.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVED House of the Devil. Should I give this one a shot since it's smack in the middle of your ratings system? Or should I just forget about it?

Hope you are having a great weekend, sweetie. I'm going to be sending you an email soon as it has been too long since we "talked" like that. :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Sweetheart, I did too. In fact, THOTD is one of my favorite post 2000 horror flicks.
I suggest you to skip this one and check out the awesome "Babysitter Wanted" instead. It's extremely similar and almost as good as THOTD.

Yeah, it's been a while, and I feel guilty for not writing you emails anymore. I'm looking forward to your email, so bring it on. :)