1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Saturday, March 31, 2012

[4.75/10] Absentia (2011)

Absentia (2011)

QuickRating: Probably with a stronger script, bigger budget and more capable director, it could have been a great little indie horror flick, but for what it is, "Absentia" is just mediocre at best. The lackluster execution doesn't live up to the ambitious premise, Mike Flanagan's direction is weak and incompetent, the acting is completely amateurish, and the cinematography is plain and dull. On the top of that, the film is nowhere nearly as scary and original as it thinks it is.


6 comments:

Maynard Morrissey said...

The trailers look promising and I read a lotta good reviews about it.
I will definitely check it out, so I can see who's right: you or the critics :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Maynard, this was probably the horror movie I was most excited about last year. It left me cold and unsatisfied.

Hey, I'm not the only one who hated it, so don't be that extreme in your statements. :P

Kaijinu said...

I have no idea what this is. Really? what is it about?

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Kaijinu, go read the plot summary on imdb for instance. I can't explain the plot properly and I don't want to spoil anything for you. Not sure if this one is your cup of tea though. It certainly wasn't mine. LOL.

Maynard Morrissey said...

I promise to be fair :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

I'm not saying you won't be fair in your review. I said that you made me look like the only person on earth who didn't like this overrated nonsense.