1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sunday, March 25, 2012

[4.00/10] Wrecked (2011)

Wrecked (2011)

QuickRating: Greenspan's hardly watchable debut full-length thriller is basically a 'one man show', though 'show' isn't the most appropriate to use in this case, because despite Adrien Brody's difficult and strong performance, there's nothing even remotely entertaining about this experimental crap. It also doesn't fit into the genre it claims to be part of, as "Wrecked" is totally thrill-free, suspense-free and... dialogue-free. Not to say it's pretty much plotless.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like Adrien, but to expect him to carry an entire movie seems like a little much, even if he did give a good performance. Sounds like he and the director made a self-absorbed, esoteric experiment for the enjoyment of themselves.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Mel, well-said. This is exactly what it was. Maybe it would have worked as a short, but as a feature film it leaves a lot to be desired.

Maynard Morrissey said...

One of the most overrated actors of the last 10 years or so. He was great in Pianist & Village, but since The Jacket I just can't stand him. There's something so arrogant, so unlikable about him, it's annoying.

The last 3 Brody flicks I've seen were all so disappointing (Predators, Splice, Giallo), I decided to stop watching anymore Brody flicks. I know... a bit harsh, isn't it? :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Brody and arrogance? I'm sorry, but I can't agree with that. Yes, he's not the most handsome actor out there, but he's charming in his own way. I liked Predators and I LOVED Splice, and for me, he wasn't disappointing in neither of these.