1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Saturday, January 7, 2012

[3.75/10] Death and Cremation (2011)

Death and Cremation (2011)

QuickRating: Despite Brad Dourif's disturbingly creepy portrayal of a lonely, antisocial cremator, "Death and Cremation" fails to deliver the chills. From the bizarre relationship between the two male leading characters to their ridiculous motives for murdering innocent people in an extremely harsh way, pretty much nothing about this cheap and uninspired indie horror movie works the way it should.


10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Brad Dourif's still acting? Who knew.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Alex, yep, and he's still good. :)

✗✗ said...

Awe that sucks. It kind of sounds interesting. I think I will skip it anyhow.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Nicole, it's quite bizarre to say the least, but not especially effective. Avoid that one.

Kaijinu said...

a bigger question for me is: is it gory?

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Kaijinu, obviously gore means everything to you. Yep, there is one, but the film doesn't relay on it.

Unknown said...

I love Brad Dourif, damn! Maybe I should watch it for him. Then again at 3.75 stars, maybe not. :)

Kaijinu said...

another question: is the story engaging? That's the second most important thing for my flicks! If gore's gone, the story must save it! haha

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Mel, I do too, but he wasn't good enough for me to like this film.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Kaijinu, nope. It's rather weird than engaging.