1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Friday, December 30, 2011

[7.00/10] Moneyball (2011)

Moneyball (2011)

QuickRating: Considering the fact that baseball is USA's most popular sport of all time, "Moneyball" is strictly for American audiences. Those who love baseball will find it inspiring, but those who don't really care about it won't be as thrilled. Despite the film's limited appeal, "Moneyball" is still an intelligent, amusing, touching and exceptionally well-crafted sports dramedy, with a charismatic, award-worthy central performance from Brad Pitt.



6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

This one I really do want to see!

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Alex, I was looking forward to it as well, but wasn't completely satisfied by it. Is it good? Yes. Is it a masterpiece? No way.

Unknown said...

I'd like to see this as I do have some knowledge of baseball and I remember that A's team, but I can certainly see your point about why it may not really appeal to those who have no interest in baseball. The book was too baseball jargon centric and difficult to get into. Thoughtful review, though. :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Mel, and I have zero knowledge in baseball. LOL. Not a fan of this game at all. The film is a bit too talky and too concentrated on the success of the A's team, but still it's a fantastically-executed film.

Oh, and it's not difficult to get into the story at all. No worries. :)

✗✗ said...

I have wanted to see this. My grandpa took me to so many baseball games growing up so baseball is rather familiar and then there is Brad Pitt!! I'm glad to hear his performance is award-worthy. So many films I haven't seen-I need to get on it, haha!

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Nicole, although it wasn't as great as I expected it ti be, I really enjoyed it for what it was. Pitt did a phenomenal job as the cocky coach, and the whole story was very well executed.

Ah, tell me about it. LOL.