1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thursday, December 22, 2011

[6.00/10] Retread (2011)

Retreat (2011)

QuickRating: Despite its low budget, relatively slow pacing and limited cast, "Retreat" is still a gripping, quite unpredictable, and incredibly effective virus-themed UK horror thriller, that succeeds mainly due to the brilliantly disturbing portrayal by the underrated Jamie Bell, the excellent performances by Cillian Murphy and Thandie Newton, the tense atmosphere, and the deserted island setting, that is a stunning as it's claustrophobic.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Cillian Murphy so I will most definitely be watching this at the first opportunity. The trailer intrigued me.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Mel, I love Cillian as well. He's a good actor and his eyes are so mesmerizing. :) Watch out for Jamie Bell though. He steals the show in this one.

✗✗ said...

I'm into this one! I love any virus-themed horror or even comedy that force and/or test the characters need to survive. Plus I like the cast. I haven't heard of Jamie Bell so I will be interested to see his performance.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Nicole, it's pretty effective to say the least.

Jamie Bell is the little guy from the award-winning "Billy Elliot", plus he's the voice of Tintin in The Adventures of Tintin, which I reviewed a few weeks ago. Remember? :)