1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sunday, January 9, 2011

[5.75/10] Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue (2010)


Tinker Bell and
the Great Fairy Rescue
(2010)


Brief review: Brought by Disney Studios, "Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue" is the second straight-to-DVD sequel to their 2008 families' favorite "Tinker Bell", and although it would hardly rank as one of the best animated features of 2010, "The Great Fairy Rescue" is sweet, charming and touching tale of a true friendship between the adorable little fairy, Tinker Bell, and a little girl, obsessed with fairies, which grows stronger and stronger as the movie progresses. Furthermore, with its adventurous story and adolescent appeasing narrative, this feature is captivating enough to satisfy its young target audience, tough it suffers from an ultra-short running time of just 75 minutes. Animation-wise, "The Great Fairy Rescue" is just as appealing. While the animation is not as smooth and skillful as in Disney's theatrical animated features, the visuals are bright, crisp and nicely-executed, filled with wonderfully-colorful and eye-catching CGI scenery and beautifully-designed animated characters, that will transport you to the magical fantasy world of Tinker Bell. The voice acting by Whitman, Sheen, Chenoweth and Lucy Liu is spot-on, if not admirable.

Overall summary: While not one of Disney's most slickest features, "Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue" is lighthearted, decently-animated, and thoroughly enchanting experience for little children.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love to watch the animated films with my nephews. Unfortunately, I never get to watch ones like this. Too many icky little girl germs my nephews tell me. Maybe I can rent it one night for myself like I did Sleeping Beauty.:)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

I love watching animated features as well, but unlike you, I watch them all by myself :) Tinker Bell is a bit of girly stuff, that's why your nephew doesn't like this it. It's just not boy-ish enough:) Nevertheless, it's absolutely adorable.