1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

[5.50/10] The Rebound (2009)



The Rebound (2009)

"The Rebound" is pretty straightforward, and just a little bit predictable. Bart Freundlich's direction is too bland and impersonal, because he does not bring too much passion to his work. There's nothing special about "The Rebound". It is the typical love story about the older woman falling in love with a younger man. However, the thing about the movie that grabbed me was that it was genuine, it seemed quite real. It was funny without being over the top, the kid actors had me in stitches, and it really is the epitome of a female mid-life crisis. The cast is good. Zeta-Jones delivers a very good performance and Justin Bartha was also very decent, the two kids are very funny. For those who like their fairy tale happy endings - you might be disappointed. The ending leaves the outcome of the reunion of Sandy and Aram up to the viewer's interpretation. All in all, "The Rebound"is watchable and moderately entertaining, but absolutely forgettable.

5 comments:

DEZMOND said...

OMG I must watch this. I can't imagine a more adorable couple than Zeta and Justin! I'm going straight to Torrents! :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

You definitely have to watch this since you think Catherine is "the most beautiful woman on earth" /end of quote/! Sorry for being sarcastic, but I really don't think she's phenomenally beautiful. Well, different people - different tastes ;)
Hope, you'll enjoy it:

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/The-Rebound-DVDRip-XviD-ZETA/37454e0c3d6c095090b25cf48311217e182406e82b26

DEZMOND said...

It's not just me, Neb, it's almost a hundred people who voted her the winner :) I've mentioned over at HOLLYWOOD SPY that I gave my vote to lovely Emily Blunt. In this new poll I gave my vote to Toni Collette, but as you can see she's not leading at all, and fans are fighting between Ellen, Christine and Bryce.

But to remind you, you can vote for your favourite as many times as you like while the contest is on, so go over to HOLLYWOOD SPY and fight for your lady :)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Hundred people or hundred 'clicks' from two people? As I can remember you didn't even know that anyone can vote more than once. I don't think it's fair!

I already voted for Emma Stone. I think she's super-charming and very charismatic. The youth ahead! :D

Well, it seems I can make Emma win the poll.. I'm starting with the multiple voting right now :P

DEZMOND said...

How do you mean I didn't know than people can vote more than once, when the one thing I always say at the beginning of each poll is PEOPLE YOU CAN VOTE AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE. But in order to vote more than once you have to log of first and then come back again. I know that some people use that, but it's not my rule, but BLOGGER's.

And it's not just two people voting (it is in this poll maybe when it comes to POMPEO and HENDRICKS), I had many cases before when fan clubs of certain celebs heard about the poll at my blog and promoted it over at their sites in order to gather as much fans as possible to vote for their favourites. That was the case with Patrick Wilson and Tabrett Bethell who's fan clubs have promoted the voting all over the Net, using their FACEBOOK, MYSPACE pages, websites, Twitters, blogs .... I think that's OK, and I actually like and respect the fans who would do that for their favourite stars.

I also think Emma is gorgeous, that's why I've put her in the poll instead of Alicia Witt :)